Every time I hear someone suggest that I need a protein shake I giggle and say “um no thanks I don’t want to look like a body builder.” That is always my first thought of someone that has muscle on top of muscles. Little did I know protein shakes are: number one not chalky tasting and number two are good for you!
The brand I tried is so good, I actually take it to the next level by adding fruit and a splash of almond milk. I am in love with protein shakes for many reasons!
Here are the benefits of the brand of protein shakes I tried:
- 90 calories- Great for curbing your diet.
- 20 grams of protein from cranberries, rice bran.
- Helps to repair the little tears that happen when you workout. Faster recovery less sore body parts.
- Natural added vitamins like kelp, alfalfa, and ginseng.
- Naturally sweetened with stevia to provide better taste without the bad sugars.
- 20 vitamins and minerals for overall health.
Fun Add-Ins to protein shakes:
- FRUIT and Vegetables- I think any kind of fruit can really be added into the shake. Or spinach and kale.
- Greek yogurt
- Spices-cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla extract
- Almond Butter or peanut butter
- Change out the water for almond milk, coconut milk for soy milk
(This list can go on forever!)
Spice it up to whatever you like. It doesn’t have to be the traditional protein shake. So shake it up!